Skip to main content

Things that are ANNOYING

Maybe I am just a bitch, but I find myself increasingly annoyed by well, lots of things.

1) When people are using the microwave, and then stop it with 1 second left. One second is not going to overcook your food. Or infiltrate it with any more toxic microwaves than the food has already been subjected to. If you do not like the beep, at least push clear or stop so you can see the time again. I hate it when it is 1 second o'clock.

2) When people act like their car is so flipping nice that they must take up more than one parking space. You are not cool. I want to key your car just because you think you are cool and took up two spots. In fact, your car is in more danger of being damaged by me than it would have been had you parked normal and heaven forbid someone park in the space next to you. I also do not like it when people do park in just one space, but are too stupid to realize that the lines are meant to be a guide for where to park, and instead they park 1/2 way out into the driving lane, or 1/2 way into the opposite side of the parking aisle.

3) When someone disregards an idea I have, but ten seconds later is either:
a) Exclaiming how they have come up with the best idea and completely reiterate
everything I just said.
OR
b) Telling me how they heard the idea from another person and it is the best thing since
sliced bread and proceed to tell me about the idea like I have never heard of it.

4) When drivers fail to use a turn signal. I am always the one stuck at a corner trying to turn, and if the oncoming person would have spend all of the .0000000000001 of a second it takes to push the little lever up or down I could have avoided waiting for the next 67 cars to turn and get where I was going.

5) People who do not eat. Or who eat only one bowl of oatmeal and that is all they need for the whole day. Or who can make a dish and eat the same thing for 5 days in a row.

6) In reference to #5, leftovers. Yuck. There are very few foods I am cool with eating after they have developed a slimy film and have become soggy from sitting in my fridge over night. They include:
Pizza
Lasagna
Mixed Veggies (the kind you buy in a bag frozen)
Turkey
Mashed Potatoes
Goulash (and only Krista's recipe)
Everything else, no way.

7) Barney. A large awkward purple dinosaur that sings songs, does magic things...creepy. Equally creepy - the over joyous children who talk to Barney, hug Barney, play along with the deluded idea that he is real or even fun for that matter.

8) Customer service representatives who spend 25 minutes of my valuable time, only to tell me they are unable to solve my problem and must send me to someone higher up, at which point I spend an additional 25 minutes telling that person what I already told the first person.

9) People who forward e-mails that are obviously ridiculous - you will not get $10 for each person you forward it to, you will not have 87 years of bad luck if you do not send it to 22 people in the next 8 minutes, an image of your true love will not show up on the screen if you forward it to 18 people and then after 4 minutes press Ctrl Shift ~928, Tom Cruise did not start this petition and President Obama will not give every person who signs it $1,500 if 1 million people put their names on it and forward it to 20 of their friends. Stop the chain of stupidity, please people.

I am getting mad, so I am done for now.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

blogging and other nonsense

I've always wanted to have the insightful insightfulness to write things that captivate my audience (which at this point is 2 followers - one of which I'm not sure really follows....wait no, 3, one of which I'm not sure really follows, and one of which doesn't have an account to prove they're following my occasional rants) but I just seem to lack the consistant ability to really enthral those few. It is especially high on the suck-o-meter when you have friends who can write and have brilliant ideas (and jobs that allow them to "work" whist blogging, facebooking, surfing the interwebs and otherwise not really work). (If I understood the whole * and numbering footnotes thing, Jeremiah, you would have a footnote here, but instead you get an akward parenthesis.) So to combat the ill feeling I have about my sucky blog, and sucky job, I decided to get drunk on a Monday night. Yes, 6 (maybe 7, I'm not really sure, I kinda lost count after 4..) Captain and Di

elves...gnomes....ghosts....

My bathroom curtains consist of a very light weight, white/almost see- thru , perpetually wrinkled (on purpose) chiffon curtain, behind two heavy linen brown side panels. I've recently noticed, that every time I go in to use the bathroom, that the left side of the chiffon curtain has somehow moved in front of the brown side curtain...a feat which perplexes me, as there is pretty much no way for it to move that far unless someone deliberately moves it. I've since concluded that one of three things must be moving the chiffon curtain in front of the linen curtain - elves, gnomes, or ghosts. Upon further observation, I've decided to rule out elves, as all the skilled elves I know are currently employed by Mr. Tom Kunkel at Kunkel Tire in Hartley, Iowa. And wile gnomes are quite crafty little beings, it's really not an appropriate time of year for them. They seem to enjoy hanging out in gardens and other green areas, and it's still technically a bit wintry out for t

Robbers & Dr. Pepper

This one time, a few years ago....or more like 10 or 12 years ago...my Aunt Krista (so she's not really my aunt per say, but since I really don't feel like spending the time explaining we'll just call her my aunt) sent my cousin Zac (once again, not really my cousin, and once again, I don't feel like spending the time explaining, we'll just call him my cousin) and I to the gas station for some Dr. Pepper. We took a wagon, because Krista had given us a $10 bill, and 10 or 12 years ago $10 could pretty much buy you a wagon full of Dr. Pepper and candy. Anyway, we walked the couple of blocks to the gas station, went in, and started browsing. We noticed some strange activity going on in the connected liquor store (see, in podunk Iowa, we have one building that often houses multiple businesses - in this case a gas station, liquor store and movie rental joint). We quickly realized the store was being robbed, and (probably somewhat over dramatically ) dove behind the