Skip to main content

mini goals

In an effort to 1) boost my mood 2) blog more 3) better myself & the environment I live in and 4) entertain ya'll I am going to start posting "mini goals." I'm going to try and stick with daily and weekly goals - mainly so I can actually acheive them and realize I've done so thereby exciting me to continue setting and meeting them.

Mini goal #1 is to remember to keep posting my mini goals.

Mini goal #2 is to reduce the amount of trash I make. The average person produces about 4.4 pounds of garbage a day - and as much as I hate saying it, I probably fit the norm. Nearly everything we buy is in some sort of disposable container. To met this goal I have already been using my "green" waterbottle and I make every attempt to purchase things in packaging that is recycleable and/or biodegradable. We also started a compost pile at the beginning of summer.

Mini goal #3 is to shave my legs more often. Au natural might be all the rage in some neck of the woods - but my man-like, or more chewbacca like fuzz has to go!

I have lots more, but I'm going to try and withhold them and not worry about trying to do everything at once - small steps!

Comments

  1. Small Steps are always the way to go.

    Also, big props for the shaved legs. I'm a fan of the shaved legs.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

elves...gnomes....ghosts....

My bathroom curtains consist of a very light weight, white/almost see- thru , perpetually wrinkled (on purpose) chiffon curtain, behind two heavy linen brown side panels. I've recently noticed, that every time I go in to use the bathroom, that the left side of the chiffon curtain has somehow moved in front of the brown side curtain...a feat which perplexes me, as there is pretty much no way for it to move that far unless someone deliberately moves it. I've since concluded that one of three things must be moving the chiffon curtain in front of the linen curtain - elves, gnomes, or ghosts. Upon further observation, I've decided to rule out elves, as all the skilled elves I know are currently employed by Mr. Tom Kunkel at Kunkel Tire in Hartley, Iowa. And wile gnomes are quite crafty little beings, it's really not an appropriate time of year for them. They seem to enjoy hanging out in gardens and other green areas, and it's still technically a bit wintry out for t

blogging and other nonsense

I've always wanted to have the insightful insightfulness to write things that captivate my audience (which at this point is 2 followers - one of which I'm not sure really follows....wait no, 3, one of which I'm not sure really follows, and one of which doesn't have an account to prove they're following my occasional rants) but I just seem to lack the consistant ability to really enthral those few. It is especially high on the suck-o-meter when you have friends who can write and have brilliant ideas (and jobs that allow them to "work" whist blogging, facebooking, surfing the interwebs and otherwise not really work). (If I understood the whole * and numbering footnotes thing, Jeremiah, you would have a footnote here, but instead you get an akward parenthesis.) So to combat the ill feeling I have about my sucky blog, and sucky job, I decided to get drunk on a Monday night. Yes, 6 (maybe 7, I'm not really sure, I kinda lost count after 4..) Captain and Di

Dolly Parton

It is a proven fact, and I can say this because I have officialy done the research, that when you are the designated driver (ie no more than a few drinks and none after 10 p.m.) that it takes twice as long to get to 2 a.m., and 2 a.m. is MUCH later than usual. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast dressed up as Dolly Parton. Blonde wig, tight jeans, high boots, significant clevage, got to budge in the karaoke line quite a few times....but there's something about sloppy, icky, drunk boys who think they're really hot getting all up on you that's different when you're not also sloppy drunk. Something, well, rather creepy. Something that makes me take a shower when I get home instead of clumsily falling into bed half clothed and waking up at 10 the next morning wondering what the hell that smell is then realizing it's me. I am all about being the dd once in a while....(and as Dolly, I get to be DD :)), and I really did have a blast with my pregnant nun friend and h